Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Give It a Try

I love trying new things when it comes to fitness, as long as they make sense (squats on the Bosu ball? No thanks).

I'd wanted to try an Indo Board since I first saw one in a surf shop a while back. It's basically a board that balances on a roller. You stand on it and see if you can slide back and forth, squat and so forth. It works pretty much everything, especially your core.

So when I spotted one at my gym, I had to try it. I damn near busted my ass. But with a little advice from someone who knew how to use it (start on a surface like the mat where people stretch because the roller moves slower), I picked it up.

How is it? Fun, and it certainly does what it claims to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post about trying new stuff at the gym. I've been adding the dumbbell bench press to my routine...very light weight at first..with careful attention to form...palms facing in to avoid shoulder strain. Should i contract my shoulder blades or not?

Erle Norton said...

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. From what I understand, it's good to try. But I'd check around a bit and see what else you can find.

I also know that it's good to keep you arms close to your body instead of flaring them out but I'll admit that I have a tough time doing that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!