Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's Summer, Get Outside

I love the gym, but in the past few weeks I've spent less time there. Why? It's simple. It's summer and I want to spend as much time as possible surfing while the water is warm.

So over the past two or three weeks I've gone to the gym twice during the week and surfed at least once, meaning I'm missing one regular gym session. Sure, I could try to work it in but I know that surfing is a workout itself and I also know my body needs to recover between workouts -- whatever form they take.

But here's the thing, I walk into the gym now feeling a little more refreshed than usual because I'm not there as much. And I think I'm attacking my workouts with a bit more vigor.

So see what you can find to do outside and mix it in with your regular workouts.

No comments: