Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Bad Example

OK, I know there's a place for isolation moves like bicep curls. But in general, you get more out of multi-joint moves like squats and pull-ups.

I couldn't help but wonder why two guys at the gym tonight spent the entire time I lifted doing nothing but bicep curls. One after another after another. There were variations but they all were bicep curls, which led me to believe these guys work one body part a day.

And one clearly was leading the other, teaching him this is the way to train.

I once believed this too. But since I switched to multi-joint moves, and almost never do something like a bicep curl, I've seen faster strength gains and I simply feel more in shape.

So they can do their bicep curls. I'm going to stick with what works.

No comments: