Sunday, November 4, 2007

No Marathons for Me

I passed one New York Marathon finisher after another today as I walked back to my apartment. The finish line is near where I live. I was coming from the other direction -- the garage where I'd just parked after a day of surfing. I have great respect for what they all did. I just don't want to do it.

There was a time where I did some distance running, a fair amount of it. But I have to say that I feel healthier since I switched to intervals for cardio. I've become a believer that endurance running breaks the body down in some not so good ways, something shared by trainers such as Craig Ballantyne.

Of course plenty of people disagree and love distance running and cycling and of course they're healthier than those who sit on the sofa. But it's just not for me anymore.

No comments: