Monday, April 21, 2008

Time for a New Plan

I've started a new workout plan. I wish I was at the point where I could create my own plans but I don't trust myself to do that yet. So I go and find programs by great trainers.

The latest is from Robert dos Remedios, the strength and conditioning coach at College of the Canyons in Southern California. Never heard of the school? I hadn't either. But with dos Remedios' help, the school turns out champions. And he was named National Strength and Conditioning's Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Professional of the year in 2006.

The program follows my philosophy -- train like an athlete instead of a bodybuilder. So the moves are multi-joint instead of isolated like a bicep curl. The end result is that you build a body better suited for just about any sport, or life in general, rather than one that would look good at a bodybuilding competition (though you'll also look lean and powerful).

One other great thing about the program, from the book "Men's Health Power Training," is that it's easy to customize to the amount of time you have. You even can pick the exercises. Another great feature is that it appears you could use this book for years by changing exercises or even goals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for sometime now and I have found it very informative.

Can you help me?

I am 40, 6'0", 260 pounds. I am overweight, as you can see. I eat fairly well, but I am inactive. I do belong to a gym, but I go too infrequently. When I do go, I am really not sure what to do.

What program would you suggest?
e-mail me: atlanticeast024 "at" yahoo.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated!