Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Little Things

Tonight as I was doing hanging leg raises, I was having a tough time getting my legs as high as I wanted. Then I simply shifted where I was looking -- straight ahead instead of slightly down -- and I was fine.

My theory is that the subtle shift aligned my body differently, and more correctly.

I'm sure there are so many other examples when it comes to form. This again shows that paying attention to form always pays off.

By the way, I see far too many people doing hanging leg raises using those contraptions you rest your upper arms in, even people who've done them for a long time. It's fine to start out using them but move on to using no support and simply hanging from something. You'll get a much better core workout. Remember to always brace your core when you do them to keep your body from swaying.

No comments: